Build the profitable food business of your dreams!
What is the Food Biz Lab?
Food Biz Lab is a weekend immersion program with ongoing support that will change the course of your food startup. At its core, the program is a weekend intensive where you will work with experienced coaches and facilitators to launch or grow your food business, followed by eight, monthly zoom meetings to maintain traction.
Who is Food Biz Lab for?
The Startup Weekend Incubator Lab is for early phase food and beverage entrepreneurs. This is defined as a range of businesses from those that are at the idea phase and have not yet started selling to those selling up to $5,000 per month in product. Food businesses can include value-added farm products, restaurants, food trucks, packaged food and value-added producers, artisanal beverages (including wine beer, mead, soda, and spirits), baked goods, pet treats, and more.
You should apply if:
- You are passionate about your business idea and are serious about making it successful
- You want to learn in a collaborative environment to take your idea to the next level
- You are motivated to take action and breakthrough obstacles to grow your business
- You are ready and willing to challenge yourself and step outside your comfort zone
- You work collaboratively and recognize the benefit of sharing both success and failure to achieve success
What will you get out of the Program?
Clarity – You will leave knowing the answers to these questions:
- Who is my target customer?
- What value am I bringing to them?
- Who are my critical partners in building this business? (hint: nobody builds a business in a vacuum)
- What critical resources will I need?
- How do I grow and scale my business?
- How much cash do I really need to start and grow?
- And more!
- The network of fellow entrepreneurs will become your support system for years to come
- You will have access to the network of business coaches at the Hannah Grimes Center
Cash! The program ends with a pitch competition that will award $5,000 in prizes.
Startup Weekend (Friday evening- Sunday Afternoon)
- Friday The program will kick off in the evening with an event that matches startup food entrepreneurs with now successful business owners.
- Saturday’s session will be focused on strategy including product-market fit, distribution channels, strategic partnerships, revenue models, resources, and expenses.
- Sunday’s session will focus on the tactical side of the business including the next steps and benchmarks.
- Where: Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship, Keene, NH
Monthly Zoom Meet Ups
Eight monthly zoom meetings from November through June will provide accountability to the tactical plan, additional training as needed, presentation skills, and access to successful food entrepreneurs.
The final in-person meeting in June will be a public pitch event that will include $5,000 in cash prizes. In addition, we will work with local, regional, and statewide funders to bring additional investment and market opportunities to these businesses. The Pitch Event will take place at the Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship, Keene, NH
The Hannah Grimes Mentor Network will be available to participants at no charge. This could include mentorship in marketing, branding, finance, HR, business planning, or any other need that you may have.
What we ask from You
Participation! This program requires full participation. The incubator is a cohort model program. You will not be going it alone. You will be doing this with a team of other entrepreneurs. You will come to depend on your program mates, and they will depend on you.
Pre-Class Zoom Session: Wednesday, October 6th from 4 pm- 6 pm
Friday, October 8th – 5 pm-8 pm
Saturday, October 9th – 9 am-8 pm
Sunday, October 10th – 9 am-2 pm
We plan to hold these on the second Wednesday of each month from 4 pm-6 pm.
- November 10th, 2021
- December 8th, 2021
- January 12th, 2022
- February 9th, 2022
- March 9th, 2022
- April 13th, 2022
- May 11th, 2022
June Pitch Event
Wednesday, June 8th from 5 pm-8 pm
The tuition for Food Biz Lab is $100.00
A non-refundable deposit ($50.00) is requested in advance of the class. The remaining cost of the class is due before the first day. Both may be paid online.
- Complete a Food Biz Lab™ application.
- Please complete our Intake Form.
- Submit your Application and Intake Form to us by Friday,
**DEADLINE EXTENDED** Friday, October 1st
- Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be contacted before the start of the class to confirm program acceptance or schedule an additional interview, if necessary.
Reach out to Our Program Director, email programs@hannahgrimes.
This class will be taught by Jim Verzino, Hannah Grimes Coach and the owner of Food Creators Financial