- This event has passed.
The Joys & Perils of Hiring Subcontractors, Interns, Volunteers, and Your First Employee
Nov 5, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am$20
In this workshop, we’ll cover the following:
- the difference in the four categories
- when it is legal to use a subcontractor or categorize someone as 1099
- clarification of when volunteers are permissible by law and when they aren’t
- education about “compensatory time” and when that is legal
- education about the proper use of interns, paid or unpaid
Please join us in exploring the joys of hiring and in educating yourself to minimize the perils.Register now!
About the Instructor
Paula has been a strategic partner with companies since 2001, helping them create the company culture they have always wanted, comply with State, Federal, and OSHA regulations, and create a stable foundation for growth with defined policies, procedures and handbooks. Paula brings over 35 years of experience to companies in the construction, retail, funeral, software development, manufacturing, food, and financial industries, as well as to many non-profit organizations; With an undergraduate degree in Education & over 35 years of experience, Paula is certified to train in forklift safety and other programs. An instructor for Hannah Grimes since 2010, she conducts workshops and offers business coaching.