- This event has passed.
Steps to Start Your Business
Feb 7, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
* Due to inclement weather, Steps to Start your Business has been cancelled. Register to attend CWE’s Startup Saturday Summit on March 23rd at the Hannah Grimes Center.
If you are considering starting a business or in the early stages of launching one, this workshop will outline everything you need to know. In this workshop, you will:
• Develop your business idea and planning
• Review the importance of a business plan
• Gain an understanding of the process and requirements for starting a business, including;
• Legal structures
• How to choose and register a business name and entity
• How to obtain an employer identification number, licenses, permits and insurance
• Determining your financing needs
• Understanding employer responsibilities
• Learn about available resources and training
You will leave the session with an A-to-Z overview, and specific tools and tips that will help you get started quickly.
About the Instructor:
Nancy Pearson has over 15 years of nonprofit management experience working for organizations such as The University of New Hampshire, New Hampshire Public Television, and the Ogunquit Museum of American Art. She brings expertise in program development, management and marketing to her role as Director for the Center for Women & Enterprise New Hampshire. Nancy holds a Master’s in Public Administration from The University of New Hampshire, and is serving her second term as an elected official as a city council member in Portsmouth, NH.