- This event has passed.
Project Management with Lisa Sieverts
Mar 15, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 9:00 am on [day], repeating until Mar 29, 2016
*NOTE: This course is 3/15 AND 3/29 from 9am-4pm
About the Workshop
Many organizations struggle to complete projects at all, let alone successfully and quickly. In this 2-day in-depth workshop on project management, Lisa Sieverts of Facilitated Change will teach you the essential tools you need to complete projects successfully. This workshop is designed to be interactive, structured to facilitate learning by allowing participants to apply what is being taught to their current projects.
Attendees focus on real projects for the in-class exercises. And between Day 1 and Day 2, additional work on current projects is completed. Typical projects that participants bring to the workshop include capital improvements (new equipment or facilities changes), product or service development, IT-related, continuous improvement and quality projects.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn the fundamentals of project management
- Make progress on current job-related projects
- Add to their toolbox several templates of practical project management tools, including the Charter, Selection Criteria, Communication Plan, Risk Plan and Scope Chart
- Understand factors that influence project success
- Overview of Projects and Project Management
- The Art of Project Selection
- Managing Stakeholders: Who Cares about the Project?
- Developing the Charter: The Business Case and Project Imperatives
- Scope: Identifying Project Deliverables
- Review of Team Charters developed since Workshop Day 1
- Risk Management: What could go wrong?
- Scheduling: An introduction
- Next steps for successful projects
Lisa Sieverts, PMP, PMI-ACP
With 20 years of experience, Lisa specializes in sharing the tools and techniques of Agile and Waterfall project management. She owns Facilitated Change, an independent consulting firm in Harrisville, NH. She provides a range of services including training and coaching as well as outsourced project management. Her goal is to provide her clients with the tools and skills they need to complete successful projects.
Lisa is certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) and an Agile Certified Professional (ACP) by the Project Management Institute (PMI), a global leader in the development of standards for the practice of project management. She teaches at the graduate level for the Harvard Extension School.
Lisa was named the 2013 Entrepreneur of the Year by the Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship in Keene, NH.