- This event has passed.
Principles of Lean Manufacturing
June 4 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Hannah Grimes Center is partnering with MEP to offer a course on lean production on Tuesday, June 4, 2019 from 8am-4pm. The methodology, designed to help companies increase their production efficiency by identifying waste and processes to improve consistency, is used globally in manufacturing facilities.
In this workshop each participant is provided a hands-on introduction to the newest interpretations of the principles of Lean Manufacturing, along with the methodology to implement those notions into a modern manufacturing or service environment.
If the following benefits sound like something you’d like for your business, you need to use lean manufacturing principles:
- 80%+ waste reduction
- 50% lower production costs
- 80-90% reduction in standing inventory
- 90% lower cost of quality (it’s 90% cheaper to make quality products)
- 50% increased labor productivity
Lean is a system, method, school of thought, and even a way of life, all focused on reducing waste. Although it’s usually applied to manufacturing (hence “lean manufacturing principles”), the methods to achieve it can be used to reduce waste while maintaining high quality no matter what operation you’re running.
Who Should Attend:
- Business and manufacturing leaders who would like to understand the basic Lean concepts and start on the road to Lean Manufacturing.
- Companies that are interested in reducing their inventory, lowering their manufacturing costs and improving their quality, on-time delivery performance and productivity.
- Service organizations in healthcare, banking, education, transportation, travel, construction, hospitality, food service and distribution.
- Small and medium sized manufacturers.