- This event has passed.
Beginners Guide to reading Financial Statements
Sep 9, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
** THIS IS AN ONLINE WORKSHOP
If you find yourself constantly wondering:
- What is a P&L, income statement, BS, balance sheet, cash flows, etc
- What is gross income, net income, gross receipts, fixed asset, de minimis items, etc
- “I’m an LLC” – how that can mean different things!
- How you’re doing financially
- How much money you’ve made
- How much can you take out of the business now that you are no longer a W2 employee
- What your cash flows statement even means?!
- Can you afford to: take out a new loan, buy a new house, buy new equipment, take a draw, buy another business, etc
- How to record a transaction
- How to answer your banker’s/lender’s questions when talking with them
- What the heck is a current ratio requirement in your bank loan!?
- And more
If you’ve found yourself acting as a small business owner and running your own operations, you might find that the financial statements of your company are ‘like Greek’ to you. You might hear accounting jargon thrown around with reckless abandon and might feel like you’re not quite understanding your financials and your responsibilities as a business owner. This class will give you the details on what exactly certain common terms mean and how that impacts you. You might be wondering how to read your QuickBooks reports or how to take money of the company to finally start paying yourself (now that you’re finally making a profit!). Or you might want to get a feel for just general operations and how you can properly track and understand your numbers so you can see just how successful this venture is. And, as always, open discussion is encouraged, so bring your notebook full of questions and commonly used ‘Greek’ words that you hear and we can dive on in!!!Register now!
About the Instructor:
Ashley Guion performs work on a variety of clients at Nathan Wechsler, including accounting, compliance, financial statement preparation, income tax return preparation, and special projects. Ashley is a certified CPA and Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor who received a Masters of Science in Accounting at Peter T. Paul School of Business and Economics at University of New Hampshire. Ashley is affiliated with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountant and the New Hampshire Society of Certified Public Accountants, acted as the Finance Committee Chair of Keene Young Professionals (a program of the Hannah Grimes Center), and graduated from Leadership Monadnock in June 2018. Ashley enjoys reading, writing, sports, and spending time with her family.