Launched in 2018 as a joint adventure between the Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship and the Keene Sentinel, the Radically Rural Summit attracted 420 attendees in its first year and attracted over 500 rural leaders from 43 states in 2020. This year’s Summit will be held on September 22 & 23. The summit promises rural leaders the opportunity to meet new and interesting people, immerse themselves in engaging and memorable sessions, and enjoy great local food and entertainment — all wrapped up in an amazing small New England town experience.
With the success of the annual summit established, the Hannah Grimes Center has received a federal, three-year grant to fund a full-time position to build the event into a leading national summit and to establish a year-round schedule of activities that support rural community economic development.
This is a three-year position with the potential to extend beyond that if funding permits. It builds on the momentum of a successful three-year track record. Because this job involves coordinating a live event in Keene, the candidate must reside, or be willing to relocate to the Monadnock region. Salary is $65,000 per year plus benefits.
Radically Rural Director is responsible for the strategy, development, and implementation of a successful annual summit and smaller events throughout the year, in collaboration with staff from the Hannah Grimes Center and the Keene Sentinel, founders and hosts of Radically Rural. Radically Rural is the destination for improving critical aspects of life in small towns and cities through various avenues, and aims to bring rural people together in sharing accurate and trusted information. This is achieved through the integrity and harmony of several carefully planned program tracks, as well as creating opportunities for networking and idea generation nationally among rural communities.
Mission: Radically Rural builds sustainability and success for rural life and places by building a network that connects people to each other and to new ideas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a plan for all aspects of the Radically Rural Summit to come seamlessly together
- Serve as the contact point between the executive and administrative teams, sponsors, Track Leaders, and the greater community
- Work in collaboration with Track Leaders to create concise session descriptions and a plan to operate sessions smoothly, efficiently, and effectively
- Create and implement an effective marketing plan for the event utilizing local, state, and national platforms; newsletters, social media, partnerships, etc.
- Build relationships and form partnerships with the rural business community, both locally and nationally
- Create and adhere to an annual budget, including building sponsorship, attendance and revenue to support the success of the event and its sustainability
- Provide quarterly reporting for a federal grant that is funding the position
- Collect, evaluate, and communicate results of the event to document the effectiveness and impact of the program as it serves the Hannah Grimes Center and the Keene Sentinel
- Serve as an ambassador for Radically Rural and the greater Keene community
- and other duties as required
Qualifications – a wide range of variables can affect an individual’s fit for this job, but most generally the ideal Project Manager will possess the following qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: Three years’ experience in project and event management; sufficient background and understanding of marketing, team integration, budgetary responsibility, evaluation and measurement, organization, and general business or nonprofit practice
- Skills: high proficiency in technology including Microsoft Office, social media and internet services; willingness to engage with new technology to further the success of the event
- License/Certification: Valid driver’s license and a car
- Work Traits: Highly organized, personally disciplined, self-motivated, ability to efficiently interact with a wide range of personalities, confident, relationship-builder, commitment to excellence and quality, hard worker, and strong written, graphic, public speaking, and presentation skills
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by end of day Thursday, January 21st.
Only submissions with a cover letter and resume will be considered.