A note from Mary Ann…
In 2016, Molly took over from Denise Meadows and since then, she has build solid year over year sales, the best team of employees in our history, an dcreated a beautiful and welcoming environment in the store. I am deeply grateful for her dedication, hard-work, and heart-felt support of the mission of Hannah Grimes.
It’s been a busy week, but we do have a plan! Emily Russman, who has been a shopkeeper in the store for several years now, will move into the Assistant Manager position. We brought Emily back last week as sales picked up at the store so she is familiar with the new routines in addition to the day-to-day that we will hopefully be returning to gradually this year.
And so we begin the search for a new Marketplace Manager. In the meantime, Denise Meadows (now proprietor of CC&Ds Kitchen Market) has agreed to step back into that role on a part-time basis in the interim. She can support Emily and her crew, help bridge the transition between managers, and help keep back-end operations running smoothly. I look forward to building on the strong base that Molly leaves to make sure that Hannah Grimes Marketplace is a powerful force for good in this new economy.
To apply: submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Both components are required for your application to be considered.
The Marketplace Manager at Hannah Grimes
Reports to the Board of Directors of Hannah Grimes Marketplace and its Vice President and is responsible for strategy, implementation and continuous improvement of the Marketplace to ensure a successful retail venue as well as the success of the businesses who sell their products through the Marketplace.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Board of Directors – provide a high level of reporting to the board to ensure proper oversight of operations and work with the board to ensure those operations support the mission of HGM and that the organization has a clear strategy.
· Work Facilities Management – maintain a highly functional retail floor and storage by supporting the Assistant Marketplace Manager’s responsibilities.
· Human Resources – hire, fire and supervise employees and work with the Board of Directors to ensure employee policies, benefits and procedures are kept current and administered properly.
· Sales and Marketing – provide an enhanced customer service experience and determine marketing strategy and changes through review of operating and financial statements and supporting the Assistant Manager’s omnipresent role.
· Operations – Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
· Finance and Cash Flow – achieves fiscal stability through budget creation, tracking, analysis and initiating corrective actions
· Work with members and vendors to foster an engaging relationship between the Marketplace and its businesses
· Ambassador in the community facilitating our mission, vision and values through day to day interaction with members, customers and the community
Qualifications – a wide range of variables can affect an individual’s fit for this job, but most generally the ideal Marketplace Manager will possess the following qualifications:
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience: Three years’ experience in retail management, and/or business that has provided a working knowledge in areas including business and management principles involved in project management, systems, customer and vendor relations, budgeting, creating reports, evaluation and measurement, and coordination of people and resources
· Skills: High proficiency in technology including Microsoft Office and other internet services
· License/Certification: Valid NH driver’s license and a car.
· Work Traits: Highly organized, personable, disciplined, self-motivated, ability to efficiently interact with a wide range of personalities, ability to work independently, ability to work flexibly and well in a fast-paced environment with interruptions, confident, relationship builder, strong critical thinking skills and sound judgement, commitment to excellence and quality, hard worker, and strong written, graphic, listening, public speaking and presentation skills.
Mission: The mission of Hannah Grimes Marketplace is to provide a thriving marketplace, education and support for local producers.
Core Values: Our employees love us, our customers love us, and the community loves us because we are responsive to their needs; we can be trusted, we are consistent and we act with integrity; we are innovative and creative; and we are known for our quality products and service. We will operate in harmony, we have a will to succeed and we believe in education to create a thriving local economy.