A note from Mary Ann…
We are looking forward to Life is Sweet having a new owner partner in downtown Keene in March, all the while we will be missing our amazing Operations Director, Shannon Hundley. Shannon managed Your Kitchen Store on Main Street prior to becoming our Operations Director in 2016 . Her love for retail never wavered and she serves as a Track Leader on our Radically Rural Main Street track. We will miss Shannon’s positive energy and boundless appetite to improve operations at Hannah Grimes, but are excited to see her move on to a new role in the community where her passion for Main Street and her deep experience in retail and business will benefit an iconic storefront and Keene’s Main Street. AND, we are excited to bring on a new team member!
We are delighted to announce that the transition will be quite smooth – Samantha Buckler will move into the role of Operations Director, opening the opportunity to bring a new team member onto the team as Operations Coordinator. Samantha interned at Hannah Grimes in 2018 and has taken on more responsibility over the years, most recently as Administrative Coordinator.
The Hannah Grimes Center has a great number of exciting initiatives going into 2020 and a great culture and team. We look forward to welcoming a new team member. If you know of someone who is interested, please let them know! The job description and search schedule follows:
The Operations Coordinator at Hannah Grimes is responsible for support of all aspects of the organization including overall operations, business and facility operations, and programs. This is an exciting entry-level position with a wide variety of interesting responsibilities, ability to work independently and a great opportunity to learn and grow in a small, dynamic, highly-regarded nonprofit regional entrepreneurship hub that consists of a business incubator, co-working space, local products marketplace, national and local events, and award-winning programs for entrepreneurs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Program Director to provide logistical support for programs
- Coordinate with Operations director to develop, curate, and support social media marketing
- Program measurement & reporting
- Event planning and logistics
- Tasks related to efficient operations of the building
- Administrative support
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to Operations Director
- Serve as an ambassador for Hannah Grimes and its programs in the community
Qualifications – a wide range of variables can affect an individual’s fit for this job, but most generally the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: Education, work and volunteer experience that has provided a working knowledge in areas including business and management principals involved in project management, writing, marketing, customer relations, creating reports, evaluation and measurement, and coordination of people and resources.
- Skills: High proficiency in technology including Microsoft Office, social media platforms and other internet services.
- License/Certification: Valid NH driver’s license and a vehicle.
- Work Traits: Highly organized, personable, ethical, disciplined, self-motivated, ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personalities, confident, relationship builder, commitment to excellence and quality, hard worker, sound judgment, and strong written, graphic, listening, public speaking and presentation skills. This individual must have the ability to work flexibly and effectively in a fast-paced environment with interruptions.
Salary – $30,000
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by end of day Saturday, February 29th.
Only submissions with a cover letter and resume will be considered.
February 29: All applications are due. Please email your completed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 3: Applicants will be notified regarding the “first round” of the application process. Resumes and cover letters are used to determine an applicant pool that will be considered for the job. Applicants who continue after the first round are emailed a set of questions to respond to.
March 8: Question responses due by email to email@example.com. Responses, along with the resume and cover letter, are used to determine the applicant pool that will be invited to interview.
March 10: Applicants will be notified if they will be part of the applicants invited for an interview.
March 20: Interviews take place on location at the Hannah Grimes Center for invited applicants, please set aside this date if you are interested in the job.
March 25: We hope to make the official announcement of our Operations Coordinator if we have found the right candidate.
**Please Note: There is a flexible start date for this position. It is an important position for our organization so we would like to fill it as soon as possible after making our decision, but it is critical to us that we have the right person for the job and we can be flexible on the start date for the right person.
About the Hannah Grimes Center:
Mission: The Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship provides the space, tools and networks that innovative entrepreneurs and businesses need to build strong businesses, thriving local economies and vibrant communities in the Monadnock Region. Vision: The people who love this closely-knit community are empowered to be the architects of its quality of life and economic destiny. Hannah Grimes offers a great learning and growth environment for a highly motivated, creative individual.
Southwestern NH offers an abundance of cultural activities, a vibrant local farm and food sector, a hub of thriving independent retailers and restaurants in historic towns and villages, a diverse local economy, and a region that boasts mountains large and small, dotted with lakes and ponds, rivers and streams, forests and fields which offers great outdoor and recreational opportunities.